Self-Acceptance- Lesbians in the middle east

identity
general

What has been you experience with Self-acceptance coming from a middle eastern background? What helped? Did you join or form any physical or online support groups to share experiences in parallel with psychotherapy?

You don’t need a connection or anyone to accept your sexuality and also your romantic preference, you just need to realize it first, once your accept who you are and be honest with yourself about it, then after that you’ll be able to connect with whomever you want. It’s like an adventure, a bit complicated one if I’m being honest, but the end result will be beautiful I promise

Thank you for sharing! I am really interested to know about to process? do you mind sharing a little how it has been for you? Since when did you realize? what helps? how are the ups and downs? only if you do not mind sharing of course :-):blush:

Of course no problem at all. I discovered this a few years back, it was confusing and complicated at first, but it explained a lot, but then with this life we’re living, I honestly forgot about all of that and started doubting myself again, until few months back and I thought there might be something wrong with me, but then I read more about it and became sure now. When you’re sure about your identity, you feel free, happy and comfortable, but as long as there are bad vibes or let’s say wrong environment, you’ll feel out of your place, you’ll feel shame, and bad about yourself, but don’t let that get to you because honestly, we humans are very very complicated and we don’t entirely understand ourselves yet, there’s nothing wrong with any of us, new things are not scary, they help us embrace ourselves and have trust in ourselves

I have not fully accepted my sexuality its more like it grows on you like it’s reality and everything so with years going by you find yourself adapted to everything and probably act upon it more even if you are fully comfortable some dont at all but its up to the person themselves

Its different regarding everyone’s beliefs. Im still Muslim so its a bit hard

This user has deleted their account