‏is it wierd that i always wanted to be a girl?

society
general

Hi everyone!

Im still trying to process my gender identity and it doesnt make much sense to me. Does anyone feel that the more they try to understand identity, the more it slips away?

Someone said that gender identity is like a black hole, you cant directly observe it but you know its there by the effect it has on the objects surrounding it. This is the only way Im able to say my identity is female, and a lot of times it doesnt seem to be enough.

I want a female body but never really hated my male body, my skin is soft and pale, and I have curves and I love this.

I prefer to be referred to with my female name and pronouns, and prefer that people see me as a girl and treat me as one. This is how I feel I flow best in the world, and how I fit. In terms of social presence and society, I fit best as a woman.

Sometimes I dont feel like a woman. My default has always been male, and Im used to referring to myself as a male so I can do that out of habit and it distresses me some.

All I have to go on is what I want, because how I feel is really muddy and hard to figure out internally. I wish I had the certainty of identity but I dont.

What does this all mean? Does anyone else identify with how I feel? What does it mean when all signs point to female but I cant seem to understand it on an internal level?

Hey joeyy. The topic of gender I identity is so complex to me honestly. But it’s not “weird” that you always wanted to be female. Ultimately and aside from biology, we are the same. All genders. But society divides and identifies us in different ways to serve it. We’re the same, we’re just viewed differently, maybe it would helpful to ask yourself why? Why do I want to be identified as a woman? What would make me happy about it? Can’t that feeling be achieved in this body that I’m in right now? Can I work towards it?

Am I attracted to the female figure? Or do I be perceived as a woman? If you wanna be seen as a woman, define what it means to you… does it mean beauty? Does it mean being nurturing and soft? Does it mean you you like hobbies typically associated with being a woman? Because if it’s any of all, you are allowed to do and be all that right now. Conservative people might not like a man doing things that are typically for girls but do what satisfies you, and find a person that is safe who can share this side of you with. Feminine men exist! Maybe that’s what you were looking for all long. Just embracing your feminine characteristics

I love ur answer so much, I think yes it’s weird and I always wanted to be a woman and still am. I want to have a woman’s body I love dressing up feminine outfits I love kitchen I love fixing the house I love dancing like a woman everything feminine I adore so much