Hiding our identities in such a fucking society

sexuality
society

Hello y’all, Hope that you’re all feeling good.

My name is vee, I’m 23 years living in Egypt and I’m half Egyptian, half Lebanese.
I’m lesbian.

since the day that I knew I’m lesbian, I started to ask myself " okay now u’re lesbian and that’s fine how can I accept myself and how people will accept me, and the most important question was also for how long I’ll hide my identity?"

and here is come another question “if someone hides his/her identity how he/she can accept their selves?”

I think we all need someone to love,
someone u can feel that u’re safe with,
midnight cuddling,
someone to share with Ur every single moment.

what would u do if u found the girl that u love in such a fucking society, would u both continue ur life in private or what? and how can u face ur family with the truth?

Hope to let me know ur answers.

Hey vee,
I don’t think accepting yourself has anything to do with coming out or not. I’ve accepted myself years ago and i’ve never came out (except to few trusted friends).

I’ve already met the girl of my dreams, and yes we’re hiding it from everyone for the sake of our safety as coming out in this society won’t lead to anything positive.

Also, if i can’t marry her or take the relationship any further, why the bother? Why would i care if everyone knows or not? Get me ?

ألغى هذا المستخدم حسابه

I think sometimes we need a support group. With social platforms it is easier. I am struggling through same scenario and I am even homeless. I hope a day we shall have a strong voice to make the society accept out sexual uniqueness