A gay in Algeria

sexuality
homophobia

Hello there! My name is Mehdi. I am 23 years and I live in Algiers, the capital city of Algeria.

In Algeria, you will find such an abundance of cultural diversity you won’t even know where or how to classify us. In certain regions, you will find extremely open-minded, respectful and educated people, and in other regions (often neighbors) you will find the total opposite. What makes us particular is that we are too heterogenous to classify, you just have to know where to go, and you have to be mature enough to know who to hangout with. A lot of people are nice though and hospitality, welcomeness are traits shared by most Algerians. On the other hand, a lof of us are very insecure, scared and close-minded, which can generate angry, bullying people. But once you understand the complex structural and formational background of our (still) conservative society (yet not all our traditions are good) you will learn to adapt and live in a more balanced way.

Jumping to homosexuality. In here, it’s still taboo. Gay people are still bullied and more rarely, even beaten (although the latter phenomenon has decreased over the last years as people are getting more accustomed to homosexuality.)
Inclusion of homosexuality is still very scarce in The media and TV shows a total absence of representation of it, preferring to delve into more boring and repetitive topics (which made us stuck in subjects that date from 2017. We are now showing a blockage that prevents us from progressing, and instead of popping the taboo bubble, we just recycle moldy and old topics such as domestic violence and blablabla. Few people watch algerian TV tbh.) However, more pages are being opened that are specific to gay people, more time is given to understanding them and more people are getting more educated. To be honest, in my opinion it’s time for gay people to be more educated on the other side of the spectrum, understand their habitat and try to reason it. As I’ve said earlier, we are insecure people, and that doesn’t apply to heterosexuals only lol. We are different and it’s okay to be different, but not everyone will get that and it’s okay. To you gay people, try to reason with them once and if they don’t understand that’s okay, one day they will. Don’t be passive on acts of violence but don’t be overly dramatic. Live life in a better way, and see things from all the perspectives, because even God himself does not deny the existence of الجاهلون.
So, now I am going to sign out by reciting my favorite koranic verse. “وَعِبَادُ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الَّذِينَ يَمْشُونَ عَلَى الْأَرْضِ هَوْنًا وَإِذَا خَاطَبَهُمُ الْجَاهِلُونَ قَالُوا سَلَامًا (63)
I just wanted to share with you some insight on our society and on society as a whole!
Have a great day and saha Ramadanokom :sparkles: God bless :rainbow:

sah c vrai , je suis de l’Algérie , laisse moi tn what up au privé

Lol, you can have my Messenger if you want : Mehdi Foudhala ^^

cant agree more i cant wait to get out of this shit place

This user has deleted their account