Meeting my online best friend and the 2 sides of online meetings

personal
sexuality

Meeting my best friend: @Zizo.zizo98

This is a story of the two sides of meeting someone online.

6 months ago, I downloaded an app where you can meet people according to little communities. So I joined this community called lgbt and arabic.
At first, I didn’t like it cz it was filled with fake lgbt people and homophobes. But turns out there was someone just like me. We met through a group chat and started firing back at homophobes. Litteraly telling them what they didn’t wanna hear. Here we are 6 months later, we exchanged numbers, and though we never actually met, we became best friends. His nickname is Zizou (cz we don’t wanna out him :wink: ).

We have been talking everyday, checking up. Zizou is a gay man from Syria and I am queer woman from Lebanon. Although we are far apart but we connected in so many ways and we thought it would be nice to share our story.

But it is also important to shine the light on the bad side of these kind of apps. See after I met my bestie, a strange person reached out to me and faked their identity, stating that they’re a female lesbian. I thought I could trust that person (because I previously met Zizou) but actually, I couldn’t. The same person also reached out to Zizou and told him they’re a male gay.
This is when my bestie reached out to me to tell me the scam. And after that we actually fought back. Lol.
We have been encouraging each other to be the best out of ourselves and to be always proud.

Anyway, it is nice to meet people online, sometimes they turn out to be the person that is actually missing from your life and give you so much hope and joy. But you can never be too careful :wink:

PS: if you liked our story, we have no problem sharing a little more details on how we connected :heart:

Ya yaaa my another haaaalf
I loooove sooo much
And we will stay together forever even though we haven’t met yet
My strength
My encouragement
And letterly
My whole life
⚀⚁⚂⚃⚄⚅

Thank you for sharing your story it’s full of hope, not like mine, i never had true friend who accept me as who i am be it in real life or online. Some of them were pervert some were fake…anyway your story gave me hope that maybe one i’ll find a true like both of you

Trust me you will. At some point in my life I also felt like I was so alone both online and in real life. No one understood me. But it all becomes better I promise. You will find your people ! :heart:

Thank you for your hopefull words…i will try to not lose hope

This user has deleted their account

It’s called amino. But I honestly don’t recommand. I’ve met people here on ahwaa. This site is more safe than that app :blush: But you can try it out, just be carefull of the fake accounts

I’ve always wanted to try an app to meet other people from the lgbtq+ community but i was kinda discouraged to use amino , buy i think i want to try it c’s your story is so inspiring and beautiful , thank you for sharing it with us , all the luck and best wishes to y’all :blue_heart::blue_heart::rainbow:

Your welcome. Try it out but please be careful and if you ever feel uncomfortable just uninstall it. That’s what I did eventually. People in the Arab world can really make you feel like you are worthless when you are part of the lgbtq+. I hope you will meet good people :heart: