How did you know you were gay?

personal
identity

Hello everyone,

I would love to know how did you know you were gay? I mean did you know from the begging, did it took you a long time to know it?

For me I always knew ever since i was very young, always attracted to girls, always imagined myself with a girl not a guy.

What about you? I would really love to know all your stories

I’ve come to terms with it only recently but I think I’ve always known. I never had a boyfriend. I was never interested in dating and all that. All my friends were getting into relationships and I was just there, chilling LOL.

Now I know why I wasn’t interested in having a boyfriend. Because it’s a girlfriend I’m looking for haha! I hope someday I will leave the Middle East and move to an LGBT+ friendly country where I could get married to a woman and have a family and not be scared all the time. :rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag:

I think I always knew too. But it took me a while to get used to it.
When I was young I was too guyish in the “arab standard”, I tried to be girlish but I couldn’t. Not that style has anything to do with it. Growing up I realized I used to look at girls not guys, and when I used to like a relationship on tv, I used to have a crush on the girl.
When I first identified as lesbian, I tried to ignore it, I didn’t want it. I am glad that I am proud of who I am now. I completely accepted myself at 16-17. I am now 20 almost 21 and very proud. I have never felt so comfortable.
I told a couple of my friends, those who I can trust, and they made me feel even better. Surround yourself by people who will help build up your confidence.
Anyway, I would like to hear your reply or any reply.
Always be yourself :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

When i was 10 years old a girl friend of mine asked me to teach her how to kiss…and i did…long story short we fell in love we stayed together for seven years until we had to part way to go to Uni, i knew i was different then and that first kiss confirmed it :smile:. My cousin know i’m lesbian and are very supportive

When i was 17 , i followed this girl named balkiss on insta and she is genderfluid and was back then bisexual but now is pan though . Anyways she looked soo beautiful and i liked her personality so much , and i admired her in every way and all . And then i realized i have a crush on her idk how . Anyways , because of her i realized i Always liked and romanticised people and i would always look at girls butts :slight_smile: so i realized I’m bisexual demisexual and balkiss was my first crush then i started having crushes on a lot of girls and nb and all :joy: the end .

At some point I realized that I couldn’t switch the woman in my fantasy back to a man anymore, and that it wasn’t just this one particular woman, that I wanted to be with.
Turned out I am a bi woman.