How come you still think Islam is okay?

homophobia

I am not here to preach secularism, but I blame Islam and the Muslim culture that took away all my teenage years and deprived me of any love, lust or at the very least: self expression. How come any of you are still Muslims? just curious.

This user has deleted their account

I’d rather think that society and the close minded ppl who are the major part of our culture are the ones responsible for my teenage days and early youth, I do think its their responsibility that I was in denial for so many years and confused.
It doesn’t make sense for me that Allah created me like this LESBIAN to only suffer and be condemned for now and eternity.

ألغى هذا المستخدم حسابه

Your answer doesn’t really mean you need to be a Muslim per se. You just believe in a personal god, which is comforting for sure and I cant say anything about it.

You and Gulshana (comment above) wrote the same thing, “its not Islam it is the Muslims”. While I did think just like you two do about a year or more ago, after extensive research, I tell you: It absolutely is Islam. I am not saying I am a genius or anything (lol). Just do a bit of research into Islam and I promise you, you will change your mind. You will also find so many many different things that absolutely demolish any and all belief in Islam, to the point where you will realize that the whole LGBT part is not the worst it has to offer.

ألغى هذا المستخدم حسابه

Well , i can’t argue with you on the Muslims and islam culture depriving us of the freedom of choice , but personally I’m still a Muslim despite all this because i think we were taught the wrong islam , the islam of some hypocrite Muslims and i still believe that islam is a deep , peaceful and harmless religion .
:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

Hey , it’s me again . I changed my mind , all religions have good and bad sides . Even islam , idk if im still a Muslim

Personally after all I’ve faced I became agnostic, Islam is so toxic

i was ex Muslim but i have left for a lot of reasons and now I’m Agnostic i don’t believe that god sends book to humans

Islam is absolutely to blame. Anybody that thinks otherwise is deluded. Unfortunately even as gay people we are conditioned to not be critical thinkers so it’s quite sad seeing queer people that still follow a religion that explicitly hates them and makes their lives 10 times harder

I was never very religious. I can understand how Islam helped this harsh region thrive once upon a time. Yet, I feel it’s absolutely necessary to take steps to move from religion to science in how we deal with our lives as residents of this land. Unfortunately it isn’t happening anytime soon thanks to religious poor conservatives making more and more babies ensuring the spread of ignorance wherever they go

I don’t think this is the right place to discuss such thing also u and me and everyone here aren’t experts to explain or discuss the subject

I don’t think it’s Islam, I think it’s the conservatives fundamentalist being in power, homophobia is a common theme in all Abrahamic religions, and religion doesn’t excuse bigotry