Anyone feels that it's more existing being in closet?

identity

This user has deleted their account

I wouldn’t say it’s okay to be a queer in Arab countries, Middle East just still doesn’t know that much

I get that feeling, feeling you are part of an oppressed group make you feel a bit more special. However, this is in no way shape or form better than being free, able to at least express your love in public. Also if you are not cis, then life is 10x tougher for you than those who are not heterosexual.

This user has deleted their account

Sometimes it feels exciting yeah, like living a double life. And I tell myself that, but it is harder to not live the stereotype you are asked to live. Especially that you feel like you need to leave your home or your country to feel free.

Tell me about it! you’ve a point

Long story short it is a double life. I can say I am fully myself with my friends who accept me. Yet I come back home to a very traditional family.
Closeted by day, superhero lesbian by night lol. And sometimes yeah it feels good to be like that. But sometimes it feels so lonely and depressing especially when they tell you friends arent forever but family is. It is a very complicated situation.

I don’t know about that , it’s honestly hard for me to stay in the closet and not at least tell my friends . I want to shout it from the top of my lungs to the world that I AM GAY :joy: but that can’t happen cause I’m living here ,as in an arab country , ya know ?

I get you. At some point we all feel like we have to scream it out. But life isn’t easy.
Do you think any of your friends might be a little accepting or is it just a lost cause?

Yeah , it sadly isn’t .
I came out to some close ones : some were supportive , some were kinda afraid when i touch them and some made me feel like shit for even telling them . But they all stayed my friends :joy:

I mean in a society like this I guess it’s better than nothing. What I’ve learned honestly is to only come out to someone when you are 100% sure that they are gonna be accepting. I came out to one of my friends who still treats me like I am straight which is annoying honestly. Like my coming out didn’t mean anything to her. So yeah, why put yourself through so much stress during the coming out if the person is not even gonna recognize it :sweat:

I personally wouldn’t prefer being closeted, but I think that in oppressive systems like the ones we live in, it’s nice to feel like you belong to something bigger than yourself; that there are other people like you who are going through the same things that you’re going through.

Bruuuhhh, which one do you choose? (I’m even kind enough to let you choose) :joy:
stoned to death or off with ur head

But yeah I also wanna shout it at the top of my lungs.
I’m gay and it’s okay!!!