New to this site

personal
society

I am a 19 year old Gay male. I tried coming out to my sisters and close cousins and was met with a lot of backlash from elder sister and 2 cousins, threatening to tell my parents, however my younger sister was really supportive.

I came out to a lot of people once I graduated highschool, including 2 of my favourite teachers and most people were incredibly supportive.

I’ve expereinced most of the things you would expect to experince as an LGBTQ+ in an arab country. Such as blackmail, hate, being called slurs, being threatend to get tipped to the police etc. so if you need help with something similar do not hesitate to message me

While I was at my lowest point I resorted to hookup apps to keep my sanity since I felt like i had nothing more to lose, however during that low point I was able to find someone I love and have been in a relationship that is approaching 2 years now.

Though i do love the country i am in i dont think i have a long term future in it. Here is to hoping that being LGBT in an arab country will be easier for the next generation. Atleast the rest of the world is moving in that direction.

I’m 19 years old too and your post is very brave dude. Wish you all the best

Your courage is inspiring! I wish you and your boyfriend all the best :clap:t2: Welcome to the community! You’ll always have a safe space here :rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag: