Good LGBT+ movies and series?

general
personal

Carol (2015) changed my life frrrrrrr. It’s a period drama/lesbian love story starring the amazeballs Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara.

After watching it, I could NOT get it out of my head. I watched it again. And again. And again. I started reading the book it was based on, read all the fan fiction I could find, watched every cast interview and red carpet. I was borderline obsessed lol.

I was SO enthralled by their love story. I realized I have NEVER been this invested in any fictional hetero couple before. And that’s how I realized I was gay lololol. Also because Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara are super hot.

So, anyway. Any good recommendations? Gay things are seemingly all I can watch these days HAHA :rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag:

ألغى هذا المستخدم حسابه

For me, the best movie was geography club … Also you can visit a YouTube channel called QTTV where you can find the best clips of lgbtq movies and serieses everyday… have fun

Yes!!! I love that movie. And that ending scene in front of the fireplace?! :sob::sob::sob: So much tears. I kind of hated it a little bit because it wasn’t a happy ending and Oliver went back to being with a woman. But I think there’s going to be a sequel to the book? I’m not sure though.

I have never heard of those! I’ll definitely check it out. Thanks :rainbow_flag:

I’d highly recommend Thai series when it comes to gay ones. They got the best ones imo and the quality is always great.

I’d recommend
Until we meet again the series

TharnType the series (it can seem problematic from the first ep but it’s actually way more and it sheds light on alot of the problems people may face. It’s just good all around)

Sotus The series

Theory of Love

These are all really well made dramas and the plots are just so good! You’ll find the language strange at the beginning if you’re not used to it but definitely should give it a chance anyway because they are definitely worth every second of your time!!!

Be open minded about it and give it a chance. Don’t dismiss it before doing so. you never know, you might end up liking them ^^

I definitely recommend “call me by your name”, it’s a very abstract film that fits any person be them gay or straight!
“Love, Simon” is a modern movie of modern lifestyle and a happy “normal” ending!
“G.B.F” is a classic you MUST watch it!

Wow, I’ve never even heard of those! And I always scour the internet for gay stuff lol. I’ll definitely check those out. Are they on Netflix by any chance?

Yaaasss to Call Me By Your Name! And that setting is just…there are no words :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Love, Simon is also on my list! I think it will make me cry, though. I saw a gifset on Tumblr of when Simon comes out and Simon’s mom tells him that he can “breathe now”. I felt that :sob: I can only hope my parents will be supportive if and when I come out.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Keep 'em coming :grin:

This user has deleted their account

Yes to Alex Strangelove and yes to happy endings! Although I’ve never heard of the others you mentioned, I’ll definitely check those out. Thanks! :blush:

This user has deleted their account

Been so into Schitt’s Creek lately, hilarious and very nice story of a gay couple in a small town that you wouldn’t think would support such a love.

Moonlight is definitely on my list! It won so many awards, it’s crazy.

I love French movies, too. It’s added to my list :grin::rainbow_flag:

I’ve heard so many good things about Schitt’s Creek but it’s not on my Netflix :disappointed_relieved: Time to torrent :wink:

Movies
Can’t think straight…
The world un seen…
Below her mouth…
Kiss me…
Portrait of a lady on fire…
Disobedience…
Call me by your name…
Brokback mountain…
Imagine me and you…
Desert hearts…
Blue is the warmest color…
The half of it…
Alex stranglove…
I am Michale
Duck butter…

Series
OITNB…
Feel good…
Trinkets…
I’m not okay with this…
Atypical…
The haunting of bly manor…
Gypsy…
Teenager bounty haunter…
Pose…
Grace and frankie…
The assassination of giani versace…
Rached

Any many more i still haven’t seen.

Wow! Nice list!

I’m quite behind on the series lol but I want to watch the haunting of bly manor. Anyone else have thoughts? :blush::rainbow_flag:

Its a ghost story with lesbian couples it was nice start with it, my favorite is feel good i watched it 3 times in a raw in just one week lol.

Definitly watch OITNB ! My absolute favorite!