When are we going to fight for our rights?

culture
society

We are suffering. NO DOUBT IT but when will this stop
Why are we hopless to get our rights
Even the so called lgbt organizations are doing nothing to support the case
Im willing to do something but i can’t do it alone
Im not a queen / president yet🤐

This user has deleted their account

The reason why we don’t have our own “Stonewall riots” is simply because there are too many of them, and very few of us (at least those of us even willing to admit we’re queer). Furthermore, homophobia is way more ingrained in the fabric of Arab society than it was in NYC in the 60s.

Such as? As long as Arab countries continue to base their societies and legal systems on sharia, we will never receive any form of legal recognition, let alone protection.

Precisely. There is not a single Arab country that is democratic. If we protest, we’d be labelled as Western infiltrators, or that we’re spreading fitna.

How do you plan against being killed? Even Turkey, which is arguably the most “liberal” Muslim-majority country there is, doesn’t allow its people to advocate for LGBT rights. Do you seriously believe that countries that are willing to kill people for demanding democracy won’t kill queer protestors? All that notwithstanding, the fact remains that the overwhelming majority of public opinion is murderously anti-gay.

Gehad, I understand you are disappointed you didn’t get the response you were hoping for. I just want to say that it’s okay to look after your well-being and your life. Our reality is very different from other countries. Personally, I don’t think protesting is the right way to go at all. We will demand and they will call us sinners and kill us. What did we change? Nothing.

I’ve always thought that the change needs to come from our immediate circles first. We need to remind them of our humanity and go from there but going to the streets yelling won’t solve anything. At least not for us.