Conversion therapy

personal
identity

guys i am 20 yo nd i tries to fight the homosexuality in me but i couldnt
i am relegious and it said that bieng gay is a sin
does conversion therapy works ? cus i am tired of bieng anxious depressed all the time

i didn’t try conversation therapy but i tried the idea of a therapy and didn’t work out for me, i guess it’s about the therapist mm i hope it works out fine for you

there’s nothing to fight my dear and conversion therapy is not necessary as it’s trying to change our very identity which is not possible. this is who and how we are. even if you’re religious you can embrace it. allah is extremely loving contrary to what others tell us in society. theyre not experts in faith. only in propaganda and hate/intolerance.

look my dear i advise you DONT DO THAT for your sake i done that before i went to a number of conversation therapy it was like a thousand knife went through your body in a very cold water it brings bad memories and very bad feelings it made me feel so guilty (while i wasnt) and about feeling that it is a sin you must keep on your mind that god loves us no matter what and the nature of people is commite sins live with that and just Reconciliation with yourself you dont deserve that misery and you are a very very special and unique person and you should accepte yourself and be proud of who you are

Conversion therapy was discredited decades and decades ago. Unfortunately it is still well and alive in places where religion over rules science and common sense. It has no scientific backing and is based on semi-science. There are a lot of quacks selling all sorts of bull shit. There is nothing wrong with us and no amount of bogus therapy can change what God has made in his/her perfect image. Walk away from all that crap and live and love yourself just like god loves you for exactly who you were made to be.

As a psychology graduate, I was surprised that some arabs who are professionals in our field still think that being gay is an illness. It is not. However I believe it is the person’s choice on how he/she/we going to live with it. I believe that one of the biggest factor to a happy life is Acceptance. Accept who you are. As a gay asian living in the middle east, I would often experience bullying from others. But I don’t mind them. I told myself that I chose to work here so let it be. People would just talk about you for the first 1 minute… ihope im making sense.

I used to feel the exact same way ever since I knew I was gay when I was 15 and all throughout my 20s
I’m 31 right now and I accepted that, no matter what I do, there’s no changing this and I either accept I’m gay and keep on living or kill myself to avoid committing a “sin”, and of course, killing yourself is never the answer.
The main reason I felt this way is that I am also religious, I went through different people for different type of “conversion” methods for 8 years and nothing worked.
Now, I accepted that I’m gay and there’s nothing I can do to change it but I still pray and do all religious practices.
No matter how you see it, eventually you’ll have to learn to accept it

but how is it possible to live with it and islam is prohibiting it

Be a good person in all the other aspects of your life and that’s all you can really do. Since you’re a believing Muslim, I am sure you would agree that God doesn’t make mistakes. If God makes no mistakes then you are deliberately created the way you are.
Even if you believe God made a mistake in your creation, do you really believe God is so evil to punish you for a mistake in your creation? I don’t believe God is unreasonable or unfair . So regardless if you believe your sexuality is deliberate or a mutational error, I am sure, either way, you’re in God’s good list as long as you are kind and considerate to others.
We also have to free ourselves from the awful way we perceive religion and God. This over obsessive attitude towards religion is unhealthy and abnormal. It’s a M.E ideology that is excessive and exaggerated. Every time someone passes gas in the M.E, we need to ask our (paid$$$) religious men, if that gassy person is going to heaven or hell? What the heck is that about?
Religion is not slavery or an obsession, it’s a belief and it’s more about your heart than it is about the body.
Rise above the nitty gritty details and look at your life and your spirituality from a bird’s eye view and if you’re pleased with how much good you have brought to humanity at the end, take comfort in that coz that’s the most noble thing to care for others and spread good Will and kindness. That to me is a guarantee to heaven.
Look at how many world atrocities and how many murders are committed in one day, in the name of religion. These are the people who are strict followers of religion, killing other fellow humans in the name of religion. And the (paid $$$) religious men often approve of such behaviour. If I had a choice to either be gay or be a religious murderer, I would chose to be a kind forgiving gay man.

but that’s the thing islam doesn’t prohibit it directly many things are open to interpretation. check out this discussion:

There are a lot of really good responses here, and thanks to 6a3miya for sharing those previous threads. To reiterate what others have said-- there is nothing to fix about you because you are not broken. You are the way that God made you. You must learn to accept yourself in order to be happy. “Conversion” is not just an impossibility, it is a rough and dangerous road to self-delusion and not the gateway to happiness it purports itself to be. Attempts at changing who you are fundamentally will only bring you further pain.

Very much agree with this. Well said! :+1:

Hello

In my opinion don’t fight with your homosexuality just accept who you are because you can found in arabic or muslim countries bad therapy that can affect you and your sexuality. If you wana read this article in my blog : http://newtherapycounseling.blogspot.com

There are many kind of therapies that might be helpful, conversion therapy is not real “therapy” it’s very abusive and unnatural.