Are you religious?

religion

I wanna know if that majority of the LGBT+ community is religious or not. I’m personally not but have met some extremely religious gays. Just out of curiosity, share your thoughts.

Hi there,
So nice of you to even care or think of others’ beliefs. So refreshing, in this day and age.
I am also very curious what made made you “not religious “ and what you mean by that?

I’m a moderate, I believe in the core principles. I don’t wear it on my sleeve.
I highly value teachings like; Love , forgiveness, peace, and acceptance, however those are moral values that I think every human upholds, regardless of religious belief or disbelief.
I am not fond of outwardly religious people. I find them hypocritical and hard to tolerate.

well, i am. i can’t say i’m fully religious if you mean carrying on the basics of my religion (muslim) i don’t pray enough, etc. i do agree with Leon though, i’m a moderate myself. i do believe in god of course i had time when i doubted everything/everyone even god i guess it happens to anyone but eventually i find my way back to him. when i read your post i immediately said yes, i guess that’s it. if the core of your questions is that how you’re gay and still religious or has this whole thing affected your faith/being religious, YES. it got harder by time balancing the two things i guess sometimes you get carried away in one way and you’re deep enough that is shaped your daily life and you just lost your religion in the way in. Being religious and LGBTQ is such a battle i can say.

I have full belief in my faith but I don’t practice it daily to be very honest. And this has changed throughout my life. I go from being very religious to just very faithful (I think these could be two different things because being faithful for me is really more about spirituality.) I do little things like prayers each time I wake up, each time I sleep, each time I get into a car etc. It helps me stay grounded, but it’s a battle, when horrible things happen in my life I do express anger at God for making it possible even though I know in the end it’s a test of my patience. I think having a strong faith is almost a meditating experience and it can be some kind of therapy for us.

I am not religios. I belive in not a god make man but man make god.
Thit is the reason for different gods.
Every society made thier own god, exacly the good they need.
I belive in nature an evolution.

To be honest, I’m not, but sometimes I don’t know because part of me wants to believe in something…don’t want to think there is nothing after death, even though sometimes I think that this might not be connected to religion 100%. It’s confusing, but who we are to tell! we’re just humans, we know nothing.

I’m not a religious person. I was born as a Roman Catholic. Even though I’m being tolerated as being gay. I felt like I’m being judged all the time when I go to the church. I felt there’s too much hypocrisy inside those walls and I cannot my true self if im surrounded by these people.

My principles are similar like Leon’s; Love , forgiveness, peace, acceptance and respect.

I’ve always had my own perception about religious stuff, I think religion is an important aspect in our lives but religion should serve us to be happy and authentic, so look at religions and then you’ll know what resonates with you

I might be religious and might be not. I want to desperately leave this religion because I don’t feel right. Also, it also sucks because believe it or not, Muslims used to praise the LGBTQ+ community. Seriously. But when the Christians came, they called the LGBTQ+ community a sin so that’s why we are here now. I used to read that in Islam, lesbian sex was a fucking cure.

Iam also moderate when it comes to religion, I might not believe in alot of stories, teachings and rules mentioned in all the holy books but I believe in the basis like loving one another, don’t lie, don’t cheat… Etc and I also believe that God exists but thats about it.

Hey Dimitry, just reading this. What is this based on? just an opinion?

Fact checker required

This user has deleted their account

This user has deleted their account

to be honest I dont know,
I cannot disprove Islam and actually I consider a lot of its arguments valid but in the same time I cannot accept than I will burn in the hell for being queer

I’m a Muslim and I’m quiet religious. Like, I live on the belief that everything in Islam is there for a reason, but being a Muslim and a gay person is quiet hard. Sure, I pray a lot, fast, and do the basics of Islam, and I believe that Allah exists 100%. People say it’s impossible to be gay and Muslim and those two don’t match, but I think they do, and it’s just that these people have a wrong view of gay and lesbian people, always thinking that any gay or lesbian person automatically likes same gender sex. I just decided that if I’m gay but at the same time want to stay in good terms with Allah, all I’m going to have to do is just be single for my entire life and not get into any sexual relationships.

No. Nope. Never been religious.

I found that my religion conflicted with my sexuality and left, trying to defend my existence 24/7 to both sides was exhausting, and at some point I realized it wss just not worth it, sleepless nights, constant crying and fear of hell, all of that was just not worth it, not being able to do this and that because god simply said no was exhausting, not to mention my religious family that made sure the way i see religion will forever be tainted, by the way i am not obligated to defend my views to anyone and my lack of beliefs is NOT and invitation to discuss/try to convert me

Id say im a religious person but i may be extremely religious to some other people to others i may seem like im not a practicing muslim so it depends

I never heard of that. Very interesting. I’m intrigued. Please give more details and sources we can read. I would love to read about that. Thank you. :blush: